A few weeks ago now, Felicia Follum posted a video on YouTube called Language Tag. She tagged me. In case you’re not familiar with the whole ‘blog/YouTube tag’ thing, let me give you a little explanation. I’m not overly familiar either but between us I’m sure we’ll do our best. It kind of works that you answer questions set by a mysterious internet person of yesteryear and then tag other internet people of
toyear now inviting them to also answer the set of seemingly origin-free questions. Also, how is ‘toyear’ not a legit English word when ‘yesteryear’ is? Lame.
So, yeah. I tagged some folk as is the rules of the game. Those lovely people are Shannon Kennedy of Eurolinguiste, Kerstin Hammes of Fluent Language, Chris Huff of Language Fan, and Jimmy Mello of Mello Method. And as I say in the video, it’s by no means an exclusive list. If you fancy it, just give it a go and let me know! I’ll be happy to check it out!
Oh yes, for reference, here are the questions…
1) What do you consider to be your native language?
2) What was your first language learning experience?
3) What languages have you studied and why did you start them?
4) How does your personality affect how you learn languages?
5) Do you prefer learning languages in a class or individually?
6) What are your favourite language learning materials?
7) How much time do you spend actively learning per day/week?
8) What are your short term and long term language learning goals?
9) What is your favourite language?
10) What is the next language you want to learn?
11) What advice can you give to new language learners?
P.S Thank you to everyone who voted for Lindsay Does Languages in Bab.la’s Language Lovers List 2015! We made the Top 100 and the YouTube list! I’m so happy to be on that YouTube list this year! Yay! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Do you want to share your answers to these questions but don’t fancy making a video? Share your answers in the comments!